Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 11 - Reading Labels

I’m more aware of labels and food content these days and was shocked to find that Starkist Tuna packed in water, contains additional ingredients. Vegetable broth and soybeans and sodium pyrophosphate are also listed. Label Watch is a good place to check the ingredients. Beneficial ingredients are shown in green, OK ingredients marked in orange and cautionary ingredients marked in red.

I'm still working in the garden and finished constructing a path today which meant digging, lifting sand, and hauling rocks. I was about 100 calories over my daily goal of 1,200 yesterday and have eaten too many bad carbs today. I notice the difference when I don't make healthy choices. Tomorrow is another day.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.