Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 9 - First Week Weight Loss

If you are limiting salts and starches, you may initially see a high weight loss the first week as you reduce fluid retention. There are different recommendations regarding safe weight loss. The Mayo Clinic recommends 1 to 2 pounds per week, but programs such as those followed by the Biggest Loser, promote higher weekly losses.

I started off the day with half a bagel, low fat cream cheese and reduced sugar jam which kept me full until late morning when I ate some water melon. I am enjoying food far more now. I take longer to savor the flavors, rather than attacking food like it was an Olympic event. For lunch I'll have 1/2 pizza and salad. The small pizza I made from a Mama Mary's Pizza Crust (170 calories) 1/4 cup from a jar of pizza sauce (30 calories) 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese ( 80 calories) and 14 slices of pepperoni (130 calories). Half the pizza is 205 calories. Cheese is a weakness of mine and I could eat thick slices for a snack so I only buy shredded cheese now.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.