Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 18 - What Can Reduce Calorie Intake?

The answer: Chewing gum according to a nutrition professor at the University of Rhode Island. In a short term nutrition study, adults who chewed gum 30 minutes before eating consumed 67 fewer calories. Those adults also expended more energy after eating. Read the article here.

If you have dogs or pets in your house beware of leaving sugar free gum anywhere they might ingest it. It is highly toxic for animals.

I had a busy day today and along with mowing the grass my steps reached over 19,000. For lunch I ate grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and snacked on carrots during the day. I wasn't too enthusiastic about cooking and so I made a turkey sandwich and ate Greek yogurt with the rest of the granola. I did eat a small bag of potato chips which put me over my 1,200 calorie goal but I more than made up for it with walking today.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.