Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 33 - Healthy Snacks

Apple with peanut butter or celery stuffed with peanut butter or cream cheese are great snacks. Find raw vegetables that you like. Munch on a carrot or jicama which is my current favorite.



Slicing vegetables and cooking them in the oven are filling and a healthy form of snacking. I use my toaster oven a lot this time of year.

Ratatouille –
Slice: Squash, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes
Chop: Garlic, yellow onion
Add 5 cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper
Toss vegetables to coat in the oil.
Cook at 375 for approximately 30 minutes

Sweet Potatoes –
Cut into wedges
Sprinkle with olive oil
Chop six cloves of garlic
Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 375

Calculate the calories by listing calorie content for each vegetable and oil. Add the calories, then divide by the number of servings.

I did quite well today, stuck to under 1,200 calories and reached 9,300 on my pedometer. I would like to go for a walk but it's much too hot.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

33 days - wow. You've been doing great. I haven't commented every post, but I hope you are having fun with this. It's been interesting, thought provoking, and really good. Keep up the pace - you're doing fabulous!

anne h said...

I live in Dallas - and my name is Anne!
Nice to meet ya.
I walk in Walmart sometimes before work.... no crowds....
air conditioning.... and I alost always need something from there anyway.

lv2scpbk said...

Ann, The badge worked that you made when you changed the size to a 125x125 size. No need to look at it again. I just hadn't changed it on my blog yet, but I really wanted it for the plus size blogger directory because she wouldn't take any other size. Anyway, I just wanted to know the last step that I wasn't doing right, so I could change something myself next time. I have other blogs I'd like to change to that size badge. I have it all down from your directions but still couldn't get the whole picture in the box. Wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. Thanks for all your help.

lv2scpbk said...

Keep up the good work Ann. I know I'm still not sticking under 1200 calories. I'd probably lose faster if I was. I eat apples with peanut butter too.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.