Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 34 - Benefits of Yogurt

One serving of yogurt has a significant source of potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, Iodine, zinc and vitamin B5 along with good-for-you bacteria, says the article in this month’s Fitness Magazine. Greek yogurt seems to have other benefits including protein.

For more information on the benefits of yogurt, take a look at the following sites:
I didn't do too badly today. I have had better days and although it looks like my calorie count will be okay for the day I am too tired to exercise. My pedometer shows 10,600 steps so I seem to have been on my feet and walking more than I have realized. For dinner I chopped up some veggies and put them in a zip lock bag along with some seasonings and olive oil, shook it up to coat the veggies and am cooking them in the toaster oven. I'll add a little salsa and sour cream and eat along with some grilled chicken. I'm trying not to snack but it's 7:30 and I'm ready to eat!
I had vowed not to eat in front of the television but there's a replay of the USA v. Algeria World Cup game. It doesn't influence my enjoyment much if I know the outcome. In Titanic I rooted for the passengers until the end and hoped that it wouldn't sink. This time I know it's a good outcome and the U.S. won. Fortunately, there wasn't a referee in this game who thought he would just arbitrarily disallow goals.

4 comments:

anne h said...

I do my roasting in a toaster over, too.
I like LoCarb, AND I like yogurt -we are twins again!

lv2scpbk said...

Wow! Over 10,000 steps is alot. So that is exercise. Isn't 10,000 steps like walking 4 miles? I thought I read that somewhere. Do you know?

Cozy in Texas said...

I think it's 2,500 steps per mile so yes it's probably 4 miles.

Missy said...

I love eating Those Bran Flakes in my yogurt for breakfast. It's quite filling and seems to leave you feeling fuller longer.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.