Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 56 - Are you Getting Enough Sleep?

Not getting enough shut eye can affect appetite, regulating hormones and leading to weight gain. Read more about sleep problems

Read the International Journal of Obesity Article here

I notice that when I'm tired I crave carbs and could easily spend the evening munching on food with no nutritional value.

Today was a stressful day, but I focused on each meal and made sure I added protein to keep me feeling full longer. My steps on the pedometer showed 5,370, but I mowed the grass when it cooled down a bit this evening. The workout I did yesterday has made my muscles ache today and so I'll wait another day before exercising with weights.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.