Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 69 - Slimdown with Joy Bauer

Joy Bauer at Womans Day offers some healthy tips on losing weight with a new program Slimdown. This is no magic pill, the plan focuses on eating healthy and avoiding processed food and added sugar. Read her Advice for Success here. Three of her suggestions are to drink two 8oz glasses of water 30 minutes before lunch and again before dinner, exercise for 30 minutes a day, and plan meals. Read more on the Womans Day SlimDown Site.

Today was another stressful day and while at CVS I found myself in the candy aisle gazing at shelves of chocolate. Although I was craving chocolate, I did look at the calorie content and decided even on the smaller bags where there were 2 - 3 servings that I wouldn't stop at one serving and so reluctantly bought only non-candy items. My weight loss has been slow and I don't want to sabotage my loss this week by indulging in non-nutritious food. My pedometer was at 9,483 this evening and instead of exercising I worked on a bedroom that I'm re-decorating. Scraping off a wallpaper border entailed climbing up and down a ladder and I'm sure I burned a few calories.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.