Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 74 - Motivation

Shoes to Lose - Sherron at Shoes to Lose rewards herself with a new pair of shoes every ten pounds.

Diary of a Fat Girl - Jenny at Diary of a Fat Girl lists her achievements to keep her motivated

Take a look at my blog list on the side bar and visit some great blogs for inspiration and motivation.

My motivation/goal is to lose 25 pounds by Labor Day, but weight loss has slowed down. I have become bored with writing everything down and snack more than I should on the week-ends. I've decided to cut back my calories to 1,000 a day for a few days (I know I said this before and didn't do it). I was extremely busy today. I rushed around most of the day and did well with sticking to my new calorie goal. I didn't do any additional exercise, but I did buy some fresh fruit and vegetables and have renewed my commitment to stay away from processed food. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The owner/trainer at my gym told me a while back that I should be eating around 1400 calories to lose weight. There are two things interesting about this. First, I had been eating way less than that on Medifast(about 800-1000 a day). Second...I told her I was now eating about 1200 a day(at that time) and she told me to aim for 1200 as my goal but allow 1400 each day. And somehow that has worked for this new me. I aim for 1200 but get excited that I get the extra 200... :) Good luck to you. You will find what works right for you body!

Jennifer
http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.