Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 79 - Week-End Goals

It's the week-end again which is always a struggle for me. I tend to do better with the week day structure, but my goal this week-end is to write everything down which is where I usually go astray. I started off the day with whole grain toast and attended a writing group meeting, (I took some healthy snacks - Clif Bar and some almonds). The meeting went on longer than usual and ended way past lunch time. At first I declined going to lunch with everyone. This is another area where I don't do well and a Mexican restaurant isn't the best place for me to be. Also, I had a half painted room to finish at home. I have to remind myself that life is about people, friends in particular, and tagged along for lunch after all - the room will still need painting tomorrow. I chose the fajita salad, which although it sounds healthy, probably wasn't, but as we ate late in the afternoon, I counted it as lunch and dinner and still came in at under 1,200 calories. Each day is filled with struggles, but I'm so glad I took today to spend with friends. I'm counting laughter as my exercise for today.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.