Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 90 - Limiting Stress

Stress can make you hold on to those pounds. Be prepared and try some of these tips to reduced stress.

Stress Relief

I looked back over my journal, which I haven't been writing in lately, and the most weight I have lost after the initial first week, was 3 1/2 pounds the week before July 4th week-end. That week, although my calorie consumption was inconsistent each day, I exercised for 45 minutes to an hour most days. Exercising not only burns calories, but I sleep better, feel less stressed and in turn make better food choices. This evening I didn't feel much like exercising, but I started with the Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD and then went on to do the Latin section of the Denise Austin Dance Mix DVD. A long walk would be good in the evening but it's so hot and humid at the moment, being outside is miserable. I'm going to pull out my DVDs and get moving again.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.