Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back on Track

I haven't done very well since Labor Day and gained a pound. Exercise started off well with the 30 Day Shred and plenty of walking the first two weeks in September, but I'm so fed up with this heat and stopped. Today I read Syls blog Live Smile Run and it gave me encouragement and an extra boost (as it usually does). I followed the 30 Day Shred DVD for ten minutes and gave up, but after reading the blog I popped it in again and completed the first level (Syl completed all three levels in one day!!!). I also pulled out the journal and wrote down everything I ate today.  Some of my problem is boredom with food, but I found a recipe on Gina's Skinny Recipes and made the roasted broccoli and pasta dish (I added some grilled chicken). It was delicious. Instead of eating it quickly (as I usually do) I consciously watched the clock and tried to take longer to eat. I have been craving chocolate and made some brownies Weight Watcher style. These are quite low calorie if you choose a brownie mix like No Pudge Fat Free Brownies.

Weight Watcher Brownies -
I pkg Brownie Mix (pref. low cal.)
1 can black beans
Rinse the beans then put them back in the can. Fill the can with water and dump the beans and water into the blender (there will be a few lumps but that's okay). Pour the blended mixture into a bowl with the brownie mix and stir (don't use any other ingredients). Follow directions for baking. It gives the brownie more fiber and you can't taste the beans - really.

3 comments:

kentucky girl said...

Hi! I'm a new follower! I totally understand getting bored with the same food...especially when trying to lose weight! Good Luck! Looking forward to reading more about your journey!!

http://kygirlmarissa.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

Persevere! Great job on keeping it up even when you have your down days. Very insiring.

Jennifer said...

Hi ann! Yes, the ankle is on the mend!!! Thanks for asking. I was thinking about how I havent heard from you. Glad you are back!!! Hope all is well!

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.