Monday, May 28, 2012

30 Day Shred

While walking the high school track early Saturday morning, Maria came up with a new word for the week - PURPOSE.


pur·pose

  [pur-puhs]  Show IPA noun, verb,pur·posed, pur·pos·ing.
noun
1.
the reason for which something exists or is done, made,used, etc.
2.
an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.
3.
determination; resoluteness.
4.
the subject in hand; the point at issue.

I must admit I have been a bit half-hearted in losing weight and working toward a healthier life style, but being around like minded people definitely gave me a boost on Saturday. 

I came home and tossed the cookies that I had been munching on last week and bought fresh veggies and fruit. I also dusted off the  Jillian Michaels  30 Day Shred DVD and started on the first part of the program. I have never attempted more than the first workout so I'm adding this to my purpose for the week. Next Monday I'll start on the second and more intense workout. That is unless Maria comes up with another word that gives me a new direction.


By the way, calories burned doing the 30 Day Shred seems to be around 250 for 20 minutes.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.