Sunday, May 20, 2012

Everyone Needs Encouragement

Whatever your goals are, it's tough to get there on your own. Inspired by the Biggest Loser a group of friends and friends-of-friends have banded together and will offer encouragement via e-mail, get together occasionally and schedule walk-a-thons. We're focusing on percentage of body weight from now until August. We have a moderator who will keep track of weekly weigh ins. Here's an insight from Maria (Maria has lots of insights and often contributes unknowingly to dialog in my cozy mysteries):

Hope you're all having a great week!!!!!! 
 Had some challenges this week….birthday cake with my favorite frosting!!! 
 The “no I do not want to work out” blues!!! 
 Then a friend told me the word Control. So off to my Thesaurus and the words that jumped out at me was manage, be in charge, have power over, rule etc. So yes I related to the words that gave me power. As some may know I do not like to be told what to do and have a way of taking over at times J So the questions for me this week was why am I then letting food have control? Why am I making working out an issue and not a joy? Why can I not “control, manage” etc. this part of my life? I know pretty heavy stuff and no I do not have the answers but I am thinking of them and going to work on trying to answer them. It will take some time but now is the time to find the answer and move forward.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.