Friday, May 18, 2012

Veggie Soup

This time of year with the dial edging toward 90 degrees, hot soup doesn't sound very appetizing, but eating vegetables is not something that comes easy to me. I've very much a carb girl. In an effort to get in my daily dose of veggies I threw veggies I had on hand in the crockpot along with a can of diced tomatoes. Instead of re-heating it during the week, I put a couple of cups in the blender and drank it cold. It doesn't look very pretty and came out a muddy color, but it tastes delicious. You can pretty much put anything in there, but this is what I used.

2 cups cabbage
1 zucchini
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 box spinach
2 garlic cloves (pressed)
green beans
1/2 package frozen mixed vegetables
fajita seasoning (gives it a spicy, peppery flavor)

Gazpacho is a tomato-based, raw vegetable soup traditionally served cold, originating in the southern region of AndalucĂ­a. 

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.