Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chicken with no additives

I've been trying to eat healthier and one of the things I've been looking at is meat. I hardly ever eat red meat these days.
Deli meat in particular has nitrates added and I noticed that the packages state that caramel coloring has been added also. Most chicken is injected the antibiotics and growth hormones.

I found in Walmart this week Harvestland chicken which, although a little more expensive, was a healthier choice than the others. I bought a whole chicken and it was delicious.

HARVESTLAND® No-Antibiotics-Ever Chicken
This is how our brand started: chickens raised on family farms with very strict USDA Process Verified programs. The distinctive USDA seal on our package ensures our chickens are USDA Process Verified for:

  • No Antibiotics Ever
  • Fed All-Vegetarian Diet With No Animal By-Products
  • Humanely Raised
  • Raised Cage Free

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.