Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 40 - Ups and Downs

Today was frustrating and definitely a down day. I went way over my calorie goal for today, but did stop and get a new pedometer on the way home. I wanted to curl up on the couch with a bar of chocolate, but instead spent 30 minutes on the elliptical. While burning a few calories I watched the new Jillian Michaels program Losing It with Jillian Michaels on NBC. I usually don't like to watch her because of all the shouting, but this is actually a good show. She doesn't just focus on the weight, but also looks at the emotional problems within each family. I can't imagine losing 72 pounds in an eight week period though - it seems extreme.

And the soup I made yesterday - well, it really didn't sound good when I got home as I wasn't in the mood for something hot so I poured it into the blender and drank it cold. It was like a more flavorful V-8 and quite delicious.

Recipe:
I can Italian tomatoes
I chicken bouillon cube
Vegetables (I used cabbage, red cabbage, broccoli, carrots celery, and garlic). I don't recommend the celery if you are going to blend it because it's a bit stringy.
Add to a saucepan and cover the vegetables in water. I cooked it until the carrots were soft.

The tomatoes are about 100 calories per can. Calculate the calories for the other vegetables and then divide by the number of portions. It's quite a filling, low cal. recipe.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.