Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 17 - Waist to Hip Ratio


UT Southwestern Medical Center has found that people with a larger waist-to-hip ratio may have increased risk for heart disease. According to the study, calcium was more likely to be found in the arteries of patients with the greatest waist-to-hip ratio. Doctors are now not only looking at BMI to gauge heart disease risk but also waist-to-hip ratio. You can check yours here. Even a small weight loss, and smaller inches around the waist line, can make a big difference in your health.


It was much too hot to do much outside today, but it was perfect swimming weather so I lathered on the sunscreen and headed to a local pool. I either swam or kept moving for at least an hour. For dinner I will probably have a lean cuisine and add some vegetables. For a snack, I'll have half a carton of Greek yogurt with some granola I made the other day.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.