Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 62 - Drink Water Safely

Are you getting enough water? The general rule is 8 – 8 ounce glasses of water per day (8 x 8), but you may need more or less depending upon your activity level, outside temperatures etc.

Beware of over use of plastic water bottles. Chemicals from the plastic bottles may leach into your water, especially if left sitting in the car. Stainless steel or glass prevents the problem but these also need to be washed regularly with warm water and soap to avoid bacteria. Read the article on Arthritis Today here Look for “BPA free” on containers.

Today, I planned out my meals and snacks and I ate approximately every 2 1/2 hours. My pedometer was just over 4,400 and I swam for over 30 minutes this evening. My calorie count is around 1,000 and I'm going to try and keep it at that for a couple of days as the scale doesn't seem to be budging in the right direction. Friday is weigh in day, so tomorrow I'm going to be especially diligent - at least that's the plan . . .

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.