Friday, January 6, 2012

Vegetable Fajitas

Kaylyns Kitchen has some great recipes and I found this one for   Crockpot Chicken Fajitas. Although I made fajitas this week, I did it a little differently. I sliced up veggies, red and green peppers, onions, mushrooms and yellow squash, wrapped them in foil with a little olive oil and fajita seasoning and cooked them at 350 for about 35 minutes in the toaster oven. I wrapped them in tortillas with a little sour cream and they were delicious. Instead of adding protein (chicken) in the main meal, I opted for a dessert of Greek yogurt and a little honey. Greek yogurt contains around 15 grams of protein per 6 oz serving.

Disclaimer

Any information in this blog should not take the place of medical advice from a professional. I am simply sharing my journey.